Personal site…..usual caveats apply!
I have been passionate about art and design my whole life. While working in advertising at BBDO as an art director I started changing my focus to the digital side from TV, radio and print. I love technology, gadgets and how we can create better and more engaged experiences. The technology revolution has changed the way we work and live. Long may it continue to do so.
I am one of those rare animals that is both creative and takes a scientific approach to research to understand users. My “split personality” of both creative and strategic helps me to educate clients and create a multifaceted experience that covers usability, emotional needs, brand design, persuasive messages and user needs.
Bridging the gap between user needs and business needs creates successful products. User experience is pervasive now. We are firmly in the experience economy.
My work is across eCommerce [fashion, electronics, white goods, food], Social media, service design, pervasive experiences, travel, utilities,
- British Airways: Merging BA Travel site into BA.com. Created the new journeys and introduced new business models for “manage my booking”.
- eBay: Conceptualization and creating the strategy for the integration of the post office & parcel calculators.
- British Telecom: Site redesign and diving the architecture for the business to business eCommerce site.
- Financial: Built a conceptual prototype and created a strategy for a next generation trading platform.
My love of design covers just about everything from fashion, culinary arts, photography, gardening, product design, architecture and interior design. In my spare time I do a lot of reading, writing, sketching, drawing and painting. My painting styles is surrealism using traditional methods in oils. This year I have been taking jewellery design classes and have started designing, making and selling my own jewellery.
Specialists include: creating strategies, building and mentoring teams, uncovering the user needs, coming up with conceptual and mental models, crafting interaction designs, creating user stories, prototyping innovative interfaces and managing usability requirements.
- Dabbled at writing and wrote a play called The Conversation as well as numerous short stories.
- Branding for Hotel Plaza II, Matisse restaurant,
- Environment & Retail designer – Heron City Sweden & Heron City Madrid
Please contact me for networking, speaking opportunities or to ask questions